We take pride in the quality of our bicycle servicing.
You bring the bike down, we have a quick chat about what needs doing and take your name and number. We'll get the bike in the stand as soon as we can, check it over and phone you with a quote.
We operate a first come first serve policy. We do not normally take bookings for services on specific days. If you use your bicycle to commute, for work itself or it's your only means of transport, then let us know and we'll try our best to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
We work on tandems, trikes and other large pedal powered machines, but contact us to book a specific date to bring it to us. Due to space constraints we need to know when it's coming in.
Please do not leave your bicycle in our shop for a long time, we're a small shop and space is always an issue.
£40 Bicycle Service Includes:
- Full safety check.
- Tyres/tubes replaced, as needed.
- Cables replaced, as needed.
- Brake pads replaced, as needed.
- Brakes and gears adjusted for optimal use.
- Drivetrain checked for wear.
- Bottom-bracket, headset and wheel bearings checked.
- Seat post removed, cleaned, re-greased and replaced.
The £40 labour charge does not include the cost of any parts required.
A full quote will be provided before works starts.
We use high quality components for our services; Jagwire brake pads, stainless steel cables, grade 100 ball bearings, etc. We use the same components for our services as we sell in the shop.
If your bicycle is extremely dirty we may charge extra due to the fact it takes us longer to service your bike.
Additional jobs to a standard service
If your bicycle requires more work than covered above, we charge by the number of additional jobs required.
- Replace brake caliper / lever.
- Replace / overhaul front derailleur.
- Replace / overhaul rear derailleur.
- Replace / overhaul gear-shifters.
- Replace chain / freewheel / cassette.
- Replace cranks or chain-rings.
- Replace / overhaul bottom-bracket.
- Replace / overhaul headset.
- Adjust / overhaul hub.
- Replace stem.
- Replace handlebars.
- Clean disc brake pads and rotor.
- Replace forks.
Pricing if additional jobs are required:
- £55 - Standard service & up to 2 additional jobs.
- £70 - Standard service & up to 4 additional jobs.
- £85 - Standard service & up to 6 additional jobs.
- Then you're getting close to our strip & rebuild service.
Additional to a service with specific charges
- £20 - Complete drivetrain clean through our parts washer.
- £20 - Bleed hydraulic disc brake.
- £15 - Wheel true.
- £10 - Tape drop bars.
- £20 - Very dirty bike surcharge.
Depending on how busy we are, we may also look at the following by agreement:
- Servicing or repairing rod-brakes.
- Repairing dynamo lights.
Currently we don't do...
- Suspension or shock unit servicing.
- Work on electric scooters.
- Spray paint work, fancy paint jobs. Single colour powder coat only.
|Tuesday||10am - 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 4pm|
|Thursday||10am - 4pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Saturday||10am - 4pm|
"Very helpful staff, did a great job repairing my bike. Will definitely use them again!" - James
"The guys at High Tide Cycles fixed my sons bike quickly and at a great price. They are friendly and professional, took the time to answer questions and gave us some invaluable info. We thoroughly recommend this place!" - Flóki
"Really knowledgable and friendly guys. Got my bike working like new again!" - Aaron