We love the Bafang mid-drive conversion kit. It turns your bicycle into an electric powered mean-machine.
We're impressed with the build quality, simplicity and performance of the system.
They fit a 'normal' bike. We will let you know if your ride is suitabile for a conversion. We make safe, dependable e-bikes.
- The battery isn't hidden away inside your frame. The cables and connections are all on display. The motor looks like it's been bolted on to the bottom of a normal bike... A good thing!
- We've seen lots of 'smart looking' e-bikes with broken components. Getting access to the components to troubleshoot problems can be very time consuming.
- Our conversions are built around 'normal' bicycles. All components are accessible and easily fixed when needed.
Benefits of a mid-drive motor
- The weight of the motor is as low and central as it can be, better handling.
- The motor powers the drive-train, gears work with the motor, more control.
- Good pair of wheels on your bicycle? Keep 'em. Why replace a good wheel with a poorly made e-bike wheel?
- A hub based motor adds a rotational mass. Rotational mass means more energy to get up to speed. Mid-drive motor = less rotational mass = better.
Converted Marin, steel frame, 26" wheels. Perfect.
Why we like the Bafang mid-drive in particular
- Bafang have been making these motors for many years and the design has changed little in that time.
- This kit has been around for a long time, there's lots of after-market support. Easy to find spares and replacement parts.
- The motor is 100% serviceable, it can be stripped down and any internal part replaced as necessary.
- The motor controller is easily programmed via USB and your computer, if you wish to alter any parameters to fine tune the motor.
- The kit is built with the DIY enthusiast in mind, there's a wealth of information online and troubleshooting and repairs are easy.
250W Bafang mid-drive conversion kit in all its glory.
What do you get?
- 250W 36V Bafang mid-drive brushless motor (internal controller).
- 36V lithium-ion battery that suits your bike, either rack or frame mounted.
- LCD display C965 & operation button.
- Thumb throttle.
- 46 tooth chain wheel & chain cover.
- 2x brake levers.
- Gear shift sensor.
- Left and right crank arms.
- Speed sensor & magnet.
- All necessary fittings.
Once you've got a motor, you'll want to carry stuff.
Costs and process
If you're interested in converting your ride to electric, bring your bike down and we can check it over and advise you as to its suitability for an e-bike conversion.
As with any job we take on, we will discuss your requirements and provide a full quote before going ahead with any work. If the bicycle to be converted is in good condition then the cost of a conversion starts at around £900. If you're interested in converting your bicycle, please get in touch.